Monday, August 11, 2014

New FreeSpirit Designer Alice Hickey



“Dynamic designs will add sparkle and light to your daily life. Creative ideas come to me rapidly and I love my connection with fabric. I not only design fabric but I have worked with it for many years as I have done my own sewing. Color juxtaposed with an airy ambience of intriguing designs, sets into action the movement, light and excitement of my final creation. As I look to nature for ideas, I am challenged to create something new and vivacious.”    


 Alice Hickey is a contemporary watercolor artist who paints on non-traditional canvas versus standard watercolor paper. She has painted Southwestern art and contemporary floral paintings exhibited and sold in places such as the 34th Annual River Road Show, Baton Rouge, Louisiana; The International Art Exhibit, Sea Cliff, New York; The Cordova Historical Museum, Cordova, Alaska; the 38th Annual Mother Lode National Arts Association, Placerville, California; the 9th Annual Rio Brazos Art Exhibition, Granbury, Texas; and three separate galleries in New York.


 Her contemporary and Southwestern art is the recipient of numerous awards and national recognition including winner of the 2008 Easter Seal Competition and finalist in the Nova Town Society cover competition. She is considered a contemporary master by Amsterdam Whitney Fine Art, Inc., where her art has shown for the last ten years.  Alice’s work is in over 140 private collections and has shown in 100 galleries nationwide. Alice has painted over 5000 paintings in the last 15 years.  Her home and studio are just a few miles south of Sedona, Arizona. “I enjoy painting,” Hickey has said. “Painting is everything to me. I can’t seem to limit myself.”  




Best Blogger TipsShare/Bookmark

1 comment: